Develop newly required functionality in a “quick win“ mode and with minimum code
We really recommend working on QAD with best practice processes and believe that it is better not to customize QAD vanilla programs at all.
However sometimes life is stronger, and companies must create unique processes to support creative and efficient operations.
In this situation we have 2 options to adapt QAD to a new, unique process:
- To customize QAD vanilla code
- To develop around 80% of needed changes on QBrowse
- The biggest advantage of external development on Qbrowse would be noticed when you are coming to a QAD upgrade. The upgrade of QAD customizations is usually the main part of a QAD upgrade project from a timing and budget point of view. If your customizations were developed on Qbrowse then it would seamlessly migrate to the new QAD environment. A minimal investment will be required just to verify no changes were done in relevant QAD APIs in the new QAD environment.
- In many cases, development on Qbrowse will cost less (will require less development time) and will give an easier, visually enhanced, and better user experience.
- QAD sources are not required for Qbrowse development.